The Yahoo! Webscope™ Program is a reference library of interesting and scientifically useful datasets for non-commercial use by academics and other scientists. All datasets have been reviewed to conform to Yahoo!'s data protection standards, including strict controls on privacy. We have a number of datasets that we are excited to share with you. Learn how to get involved.
- Collaborative Prediction and Ranking with Non-Random Missing Data
- Missing Data Problems in Machine Learning
- Strategic Bidder Behavior in Sponsored Search Auctions
- Internet advertising and the generalized second price auction.
Yahoo! is pleased to make these datasets available to researchers who are advancing the state of knowledge and understanding in web sciences. The datasets are only available for academic use by faculty and university researchers who agree to the Data Sharing Agreement.
To be eligible to receive Webscope™ data you must:
- Be a faculty member, research employee or student from an accredited university
- Send the data request from an accredited university .edu or domain name (for international universities) email address
- Ensure that your request has been acknowledged by your Department Chair
We are not able to share data with:
- Commercial entities
- Employees of commercial entities with university appointment
- Research institutions not affiliated with a research university
Note: You must have a Yahoo! account to apply for Webscope™ datasets.